Monday, June 18, 2012

Krispy's pick of the week : Shopaholic

Before I get into this post, let me just say that I've given my blog an overhaul in the last day or so (with the help of the lovely Jen from Paperazzi Designs on Made It who did the banner for me)....  If you are receiving this post via email, I would love it if you could pop on over and check it out - I'd be very grateful to have your feedback!  Thanks :)

Okay, so onto our book!  Alex has had a slow week in terms of books, and we are still reading The Twits from last week - so I thought I'd do the pick of the week this time.

This book (or series actually) is something I go back to over and over...  Being a reformed shopaholic myself, I find I can relate (a little too well actually!) to the insanely funny situations this girl manages to get herself into ;)

What I love most about this series is that its just pure escapsim, nothing you have to think too hard about here - and don't we all need a bit of that sometimes?



If you haven't read any of these books, do yourself a favour and order the first one (The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic) from your library.  Oh - and if you've seen the movie and are a little put off (because seriously, who wouldn't be.... I was sooooo disappointed) then don't be!  The books are a gazillion times better!

Let me know if you give it a go.  I'm linking this post up to Felafel and The Bee's On Our Shelves Sunday post for this week.

Bye for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment