Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday :: Things I Know...

TGIF!!  I am again joining my good friend Mamma Cass in playing along with Yay for Home's Things I Know again….  So here is what I know today….

I know that it takes a looooooong time to recover from pnuemonia, and I have run out of patience!

I know that I have a lot of work to do around the house before Alex's Baptism party at the end of the month

I know that I am loving my new vege patch so much, I just can't stop looking at it

I know that I can't wait to harvest some veges and sit down as a family and eat them

I know that it is very cold watering the garden at 5.30am before work and no matter how hard I try, I will always get my slippers wet (so I really shouldn't wear them outside!)

I know that I'm really happy with my rearranging of the potted herbs out the back

I know that it's wonderful to look out the kitchen window and see some greenery - more to come on that soon :)

I know that I am suddenly obsessed with my yard and spending every spare moment out there

I know that I am loving this winter sunshine (Queensland has finally started acting like a tropical state again and the days are beautiful!)


I know that I just completed a little makeover project that I can't wait to share.... here's the before to tantalise you....



I know that I'm feeling really happy, contented and thankful for my family and my home at the moment, and really enjoying both to the full - life is good!

Happy Friday friends, hope you have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Good on you for getting the vegie patch up and running - I have tried and tried but my black thumb is fighting me! Happy Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had some lovely weather down south this week and it was just lovely. I am also very glad it is Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same as you. When I fix something up, I can't stop looking at it as well. Can't wait to see what other projects you've been up to! Hope you keep continuing to get over your pneumonia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do WE get to oogle your vegie patch too? And when's the harvest dinner?
    ;)
    Trine
    http://alittlelessalone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing what a little sun can do for our spirits? Even in freezing old Melbourne it has been delightful this week, and I have been re-energized and motivated for the first time in so long.

    I do hope the pneumonia passes soon though, no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get so much joy out of our home grown veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to hear someone so happy and content with their life - good on you! I just hope you do recover soon and can enjoy life even more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments and the well wishes on my recovery guys - I am slowly but surely getting better :)

    Trine you definitely DO get to oogle my vege patch - keep an eye out for the update this week. I have been a demon on the yard work front of late!! :)

    ReplyDelete